Post Graduate Diploma in Family Medicine
Eligibility: MBBS or Equivalent Foreign degree
Duration: 1 Year
Contact classes: 5 days in New Delhi. Rest is by distance learning
Certification: UGC approved university. University will send study material, assignments and contact classes details.
- Medical, Obstetric, Pediatric, including neonatal resuscitation, surgical and trauma.
- Maternal and child health: prevention, screening, health education, nutritional guidance and immunization, ante-natal and post-natal check up, well baby clinic and family planning procedures. Age-specific risk assessment including cancer risk, adolescent health and lifestyle guidance.
- Principles of anesthesia: local, regional and intravenous sedation
- Pediatrics: growth and development, infectious diseases, malnutrition, immunization and common pediatric illnesses.
- General medicine: initial management of all symptoms/health problems, recognition, assessment, management, follow-up of common medical conditions in the society, prevention and health promotion, Geriatric problems in the community, palliative care of terminally ill patients, poisoning, chronic disease conditions, hypertension, diabetes, asthma ischemic heart disease, obesity, epilepsy and osteoarthritis.
- Diseases of public health importance. e.g., - tuberculosis, leprosy, HIV /Aids, STD and malaria.
- Reproductive and sexual health problems including HIV/STD.
- Common dermatological problems and investigations.
- Mental health problems in a community setting: common psychological problems pertaining to life-cycle, behavioural problems, substance abuse, domestic violence, psychoneurosis, anxiety and depression, dementia and identification of at risk patients by age, sex and environment.
- Orthopaedics: reduction of simple fractures and dislocations, trauma management and fundamentals of physiotherapy.
- Common ophthalmological problems, both curable and incurable.
- Common problems in otorhinolaryngology.
- Oral health: management of dental emergencies and preventive measures.
- Occupational health.
- Radiodiagnosis: interpretation of x-rays, preparation for radiological and imaging procedures, understanding interpretation and limitations of other imaging technologies.
- Hospital and practice management: management science/organization, management of clinics, resource management, financial management, accounting and auditing and health economics and health insurance schemes.
- Behavioral and social sciences related to family medicine.
- Legal and ethical considerations in family practice, medical negligence and consumer protection act.
- Pathology: haemoglobin level, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, total and differential leukocyte count, blood picture, routine and microscopic examination of urine and stool; taking swabs from various orifices and wounds; fine needles aspiration; performing gram stain and ziehl-neelsen stain; microscopy of urethral and vaginal discharge; blood sugar with glucometer; use of uristix etc.
- Surgery: assessment and closure of traumatic wounds; burns; incision and drainage of abscess; in-growing toe-nails; excision and biopsy of superficial swellings; venesection; urethral catheterization; suprapubic cystostomy; circumcision in adults; intercostals tube drainage; tracheostomy; screening for Breast cancer awareness, Prostate cancer awareness
- Download application form. for download click here
- Make a Demand draft in favor of "New Delhi Healthcare Academy"
- Send application form with a demand draft and all the relevant document:
- 10th Marksheet and certificate
- 12th Marksheet and certificate
- MBBS Certificate and Registration copy
- Mailing address
The Medical Director,
New Delhi Healthcare Academy,
B - 41, First Floor, Shivalik, New Delhi - 110017
# 09971971341, 011 45555362